Video: Spooky Halloween Shaker Card using Ombré Inking
I knew immediately what I wanted to create when I saw the Halloween Icons stamp set. With 16 essential Halloween images and words, I decided to use two of my favorite techniques to create a Halloween shaker card: ombré inking and background stamping.
Ombré Ink made my blending work so much easier. I really love the intense black images against the orange background. So fun and spooky!
I made a video tutorial showing you how I created my card from start to finish. If you are having a problem viewing this video, please try watching it HERE on YouTube.
How to Make a Halloween Shaker Card
- Cut white cardstock into 4.25″x5.5″ out of Snow Layering Papers.
- Blend three shades of orange using mini blending tools and Ombré Ink Butter Bar to Orange Soda.
- Stamp the images from Halloween Icons stamp set with black pigment ink.
- Die cut the 2.25″ circle using Circle Infinity Die Set to create a circle window.
- Adhere a 3″ circle acetate inside the circle window. Then mount the window panel on the white foam sheet using double sided tape.
- Place the Halloween themed sequins on black paper and adhere two panels together.
- Die cut ‘happy halloween’ twice in white and orange using Halloween Trimmings Stamp & Cut.
- Adhere two die cut words and mount them on the card front using black foam squares.
- Heat emboss ‘trick or treat’ from Halloween Trimmings Stamp & Cut using white embossing powder on a piece of black card stock. Finish off the card by adding sentiment banners on two sides of card front using black foam squares.
That’s all for today. Hope you loved my card and got inspired to make your own Halloween card. Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!