Awesome Add-ons: May 2019 Edition
Hi stampers! It’s time for this month’s Awesome Add-ons feature. Before we dive into the project inspiration, here’s a look at all of the fun new add-on products that were introduced along with the May My Monthly Hero kit. Crafty goodness abounds throughout this collection!
Today we're delighted to have Debi Adams here to share some fabulous “beyond the kit” ideas for a few of the add-ons...as well as a free cross-stitch patterned paper printable! Take it away, Debi...
Hi friends. I’m Debi Adams and I was so very happy to get to work with, no make that “play” with, this entire “crafty” collection. I think you are going to love them too! Don’t know how you will begin to choose. Between drawing, papercrafting and on into stitchery, the designs encompass a broad range of arts and crafts. Here are two of my favorites. What I liked most was that it looked like I spent hours stitching and I really hadn’t. It was quick, easy and so much fun! So hey, let’s get started making.
Whether you do cross stitch, needle work, embroidery, or not, you can look like you do with the Crafting Border Fancy Die and Cross Stitch Patterns stamp set. And guess what? It doesn’t take nearly the time to create any of them with these latest add-ons plus the free cross stitch printable.
1. Die-cut Crafting Border Fancy Die from Dove White cardstock. Color images with markers. Add small details using a white pen.
2. Cut a piece of Dove White cardstock or printed cross-stitch cardstock 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”. You can print your own by downloading this free PDF.
3. Create sentiment from Cross Stitch Alpha Set and stamp onto cut cardstock using various inks.
4. Attach cardstock to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” Hero Hues Dove White Top Folded Cards.
5. Adhere Crafting Border Fancy Die to top of sentiment panel using foam dots.
Hero Arts: CM365 Cross Stitch Alpha, DI645 Crafting Border Fancy Die with Frame, PS325 Hero Hues Dove White Cardstock, PS400 Hero Hues Dove White Top Folded Cards, AF208 Bubble Gum Ink, AF373 Antigua Ink, AF333 Tangerine Ink, AF262 Lime Green Ink, CL081 Acrylic Block
Other: Foam dots, markers of your choice (Copics), fine white pen, cross-stitch patterned paper (optional)
And what about this one? Got the embroidery hoop going on and I just love those strawberries!
1. Use a piece of 3 3/4” x 5” Dove White cardstock or create your own printed, cross-stitch background on Dove White cardstock and stamp border, strawberrries, flowers and embellishments as shown.
2. Die-cut a circle from Pebble cardstock using a medium sized Nesting Infinity Circle Die.
3. Die-cut a smaller circle (from step #2) from the Dove White or printed cross-stitch background cardstock.
4. Stamp sentiment in various inks onto smaller circle. Color flower centers lightly with a yellow marker.
5. Attach smaller circle to larger circle.
6. Attach needle with embroidery floss through top of circle.
7. Attach “embroidery hoop” to center of card.
8. Adhere stamped cardstock onto a piece of 4” X 5 1/4” Pebble cardstock and then onto a top folding 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” card base.
Hero Arts: CM363 Cross Stitch Patterns, DI199 Nesting Circle Infinity Dies, PS325 Hero Hues Dove White Cardstock, PS322 Hero Hues Pebble Cardstock, PS400 Hero Hues Dove White Top Folded Card, AF334 Strawberry Ink, AF208 Bubble Gum Ink, AF262 Lime Green Ink, CL083 Acrylic Block, CL033 Acrylic Block
Other: Pink embroidery thread, embroidery needle, yellow marker, adhesive, cross-stitch patterned paper (optional)
I hope you have enjoyed seeing just a few of the possibilities with these stamps and dies. Can’t wait to see what you create. TIP: If you are a needle crafter, think about stamping the images onto fabric with Intense Black Ink and stitching away! Have fun.
A reminder for all My Monthly Hero subscribers: You have the opportunity to add extra items, including but not limited to add-ons, to your kit shipments with no additional shipping charges. Simply log in to your Hero Arts store account and place your order by 11:59am PT on Thursday, May 9 to take advantage of this offer.