Hello stampers! Today I'm sharing a spotlight scene card created with a layer of acetate. Acetate is a great way to add a stamped layer "window" whether you choose to make the card a shaker or not. I opted to keep this card free of shaker material but with a few adjustments it could become a shaker card easily!
Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions for how I created this card:
(If you are having problems viewing this video, please try watching it HERE on YouTube.)
I started with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2 piece of smooth white cardstock that I painted with Blue Glimmer Metallic Ink, Pewter Glimmer Metallic Ink, and Black Liquid Watercolor. I added a bit of water to the inks prior to painting to help them blend a easier and go a bit further.
I set the panel aside to completely air dry while I stamped images from the Bundle Up Stamp Set and Home For The Holidays Stamp Set on smooth white cardstock with Intense Black Ink. The images were colored in with Copic Markers and die cut with the coordinating Bundle Up Frame Cuts and Home For the Holidays Frame Cuts.
Picket Fence Distress Paint was watered down and flicked over the painted panel with a small paintbrush to add "falling snow". The panel was again set aside to completely air dry.
Nuvo Crystal Crops in White Blizzard was added to he windows and snow on the houses. A white pen was used to add detail and highlights to the images.
The painted panel was die cut using a Nesting Oval Infinity Die, keeping both the frame and the oval to create a "spotlight". The oval was adhered directly to a white side fold card base. The houses and trees were adhered to the oval as shown to build the background scene. Footprints from the Home For The Holidays Stamp Set were stamped with Soft Pool Ink.
A piece of Hero Arts Acetate was trimmed to 4 1/4" x 5 1/4" and stamped with sentiments from the Bundle Up Stamp Set and Peace Love Joy Stamp Set using Cotton White Staz On Ink. Snowflakes from the Home For the Holiday Stamp Set were added to the acetate window as well. The acetate was placed behind the frame and adhered to the card base with foam adhesive for a bit of dimension.
The girl, squirrel, tree stump, and acorns were adhered to the front of the spotlight window panel finishing off the illusion of depth.
Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope this has inspired you to try adding stamped acetate to your next project!
Click HERE to sign up if you don't have an account.