Stay Crafty With Hero Challenge #25
Hello crafty friends! It's time for another Stay Crafty With Hero challenge! This month we are challenging you to make interactive cards. We want to see all those shaking, sliding, moving, flipping, and revealing creations! We'll include all of the details further down this post; but first, here's a clever card from Daniel kicking off our newest challenge.
Oh man! I have been entrusted with the sacred duty of making an interactive card. I chose the new Fairy Doors Inifinity Dies and the Little Red Riding Hood stamps and Frame Cuts to create a little scene.
Please don't blame me for how the real story of Little Red Riding Hood goes. I won't go into details, but I have cleaned it up considerably for this project. And we all know that granny doesn't get the worst of the treatment from the Brothers Grimm. The wolf bites the dust in the end, but not before Red gets quite the scare.
This is what happened in our story... Little Red Riding Hood (Red) and Granny had planned an outing in the park. They chose matching outfits and matching baskets. But when Red got to Granny's house, she could hear the commotion from the porch! She had to make a quick decision -- fight or flight!
I created this funny card to record Red's fateful decision to let the wolf keep her granny.
- To begin, I die cut one of the doors out of an A2-sized panel of Dove White Cardstock.
- Then, I cut a window out of the door with one of the detail dies from the same set. After coloring the door, I adhered the window back into the door with a piece of cardstock as a backing.
- Next, I stamped the wolf image in the stamp set, masking out the girl and replacing her with the other version of Red, with one foot in the air.
- Then, I drew in the arm of the wolf with a black fineliner pen and now it looks like he has her by the hood!
- After that, I die cut the little scene with the next larger door die and snipped it out completely with scissors.
- Next, I drew in a floor with a fineliner pen and colored in the little scene with Copic markers. I made the girl into granny by coloring her hair white with a white gel pen.
- Then, I adhered the little wolf scene behind the other door panel with Precision Glue.
- Next, I masked off the right third of the card panel and the door. With a Blending Brush, I added lines of Cup o' Joe Ink down the front to create wood siding and a porch for the house.
- Then, I masked in the trees on the right behind the house with Intense Black Ink and colored them in with Copics.
- Next, I added grass with flicks of different greens, getting darker as I got to the foreground of the card.
- After that, I stamped, die cut and colored another Red image from the set and popped her up near the door.
- Then, I created a sentiment strip, changing the word "I" to "I'll". Of course, I used White Detail embossing powder and Pitch Black Cardstock. And I popped it up on foam tape.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment "Don't let the big bad wolf get you," inside the card with Intense Black Ink.
- To finish off the card, I trimmed down the panel a half inch on all sides and adhered it to the front of a Dove White Side-folding Card with foam tape.
Thank you for hangin' out with me today on the blog! I hope you enjoyed this funny little project. If my grandma were alive, she'd laugh so hard at this.
And now it's your turn! Create a new card for this challenge with the theme Interactive. Use the Inlinkz tool at the very bottom of this post to link up your card, and you will be entered into our drawing. We will be giving a $50 gift certificate randomly to one person who plays along! To link up your project, you need to share it publicly somewhere you can grab the link - this can be your blog, Instagram, a Flickr account - anything that allows you to have a URL or website location to link up.
We, of course, encourage you to use your favorite Hero Arts products. But any and all entries are eligible for consideration. We really care most about you bringing a little inky joy into your life. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, August 5th at 5:00pm PT to be eligible for the giveaway, and the winner will be announced when we announce our new challenge on Friday, August 6th. Scroll down below the product thumbnails to find the linkup! If you share your project on social media, we'd love if you'd use the #staycraftywithhero hashtag.
Last month we challenged you to create cards "For the Guys" and we loved your entries!! Our random winner is Erin! We love your happy camping scene featuring our Camper Fancy Die!
Congratulations Erin! Email us at email@example.com with "Stay Crafty Challenge Winner" in the subject to claim your prize.
Here's to connection, creativity, inspiration, and kindness. ❤
Click on products to shop:
Enter our contest by linking your project below! Please enter your name in the caption area. By linking your project, you are giving us permission to feature your card on our blog, social media or newsletter, crediting you as the artist.