Join Us for a My Monthly Hero Make-Along!
Our next LIVE Make-Along event is this weekend! Join Channin to make along with the December 2023 My Monthly Hero kit. Gather your supplies and create a card with Channin from start to finish.
PS781 Luxe White Watercolor Paper (included in both kits)
PS323 Pitch Black Cardstock
AF424 Key Lime Fizz Reactive Ink
AF428 Splash Reactive Ink
AK427 Blue Raspberry Reactive Ink
AF429 Blue Hawaii Reactive Ink
NK434 Sea Salt Reactive Inker (included in Premium kit)
AF761 Granite Core Ink
AF419 Embossing & Watermark Ink
PW110 White Embossing Powder
PS400 Dove White Top Folded Cards
WM101 Mist Water Bottle or Spray Bottle w/ water
GW101 Precision Glue
HT227 Watercolor Palette
Paint Brush Round #2 or #4
Stamp Positioning Tool ex. MISTI
- Trim Luxe White Watercolor paper down to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
- Place watercolor panel in stamp positioning tool but instead of placing it in one of the corners place the panel along the bottom wall of the tool and about an inch away from the right wall.
- Position all the numbers from the Numbers clear stamp set included in the Premium December My Monthly Hero Kit over the watercolor panel and then pick up with stamp positioning tool. Ink up the numbers in Embossing & Watermark ink and then stamp onto the watercolor panel. Leave the number stamps in the stamp positioning tool to stamp again later.
- Pour White Embossing Powder over the numbers and then heat set with heat tool.
- Apply Key Lime Fizz, Splash, Blue Raspberry and Blue Hawaii Reactive Inks to the watercolor panel by rubbing the surface of the ink pad directly over the paper’s surface. Angle ink pads so a smaller portion of the pad comes in contact with the paper so you can get a greater variety of colors down in different areas.
- Spritz the watercolor panel with water so the inks start to spread and mix. Use a paint brush in areas where colors are not moving enough. Set the panel aside to dry.
- Cut the “happy birthday” stamp from the Numbers clear stamp set to separate the “happy” and the “birthday”.
- Stamp sentiment and chosen birthday years onto a 1 1/2” x 2” rectangle of Pitch Black cardstock in Embossing & Watermark Ink. Pour White Embossing Powder over and then heat set with heat tool. Set sentiment aside.
- Squeeze some Sea Salt Reactive Ink out into a plastic palette, add a small amount of water and mix ink and water together with paint brush.
- Spritz watercolor panel with a small amount of water then splatter with watered-down Sea Salt Reactive Ink. Dry the panel with a heat tool.
- Place panel back into stamp positioning tool then line up the numbers with the number stamps. Next slide the panel up and to the right about 1/16” of an inch so when you stamp them again you will create an off-set shadow.
- Ink up the numbers in Granite Core Ink and then stamp onto panel. Use a dry cloth to remove any gray ink on heat-embossed numbers.
- Adhere panel onto the front of an A2 top-folding white card base.
- Adhere sentiment to card front with foam adhesive.
We hope to see you there!
Click on products to shop: