HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive
Calling all cardmakers! Today we're excited to invite you to join us in an effort to spread some holiday cheer. Who's up for a good old-fashioned mail-in card drive? Grab your crafty stamps AND your postage stamps, have fun creating, and join the cause.
* Please feel free to share the image above on social media and blogs – the more participation, the merrier! *
Our 2022 HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive drive was initially inspired by the mail-in stamping contests we used to host 15+ years ago. Did any of you participate in those? We wanted to find a way to reimagine the concept, with a community giving element included. This card drive was born as a result! Here are the details:
• Create a card (or cards, no limit) with the theme "Merry Everything" – the goal is to spread Christmas and winter holiday cheer in December. Use any products you wish and enjoy the creative process! A message inside along with your first name is recommended.
• All cards should also include a sticky note inside with your name and email address, which will be removed before we donate them. (Note: this is for prize opportunities. If you wish to be excluded from prizes, no sticky note is needed.) You do not need to include envelopes for your cards; we will supply them.
• Mail your cards to Hero Arts. They must be received by November 18, 2022.
Attn: Card Drive
1200 Harbour Way South
Richmond, CA 94804
• Cards will be displayed at the Hero Arts Factory Sale on December 3 (look for more information on the sale in the coming weeks!) We will also host a live stream with CEO Aaron Leventhal, with previews of your cards, prize giveaways, a look behind the scenes, and a factory tour!
• All cards received by November 18 will be donated to Bay Area Rescue Mission in December. This local organization has been helping the homeless since 1965 by providing food, clothing, and shelter in the Bay Area of California.
• PRIZES! The best gift of all is the joy you'll bring to the life of another human being, however we wanted to share some prizes as well. We will award (3) $75 Hero Arts gift cards – one for a random card submission, one for the staff's favorite card, and one to be voted on by the Factory Sale customers.
How does that sound? Are you with us and ready to spread holiday cheer through cardmaking? We can't wait to see your "Merry Everything" cards and pass them along to Bay Area Rescue this holiday season. THANK YOU in advance for your support and kindness! ❤
To get you inspired to create for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive, Ilina is here with a beauty of card. Take it away, Ilina...
Hi everyone! Ilina here! For my Holiday Cheer Card Drive project I decided to use the new Nutcracker Bold Prints stamp that I paired up with sentiments from the Merry Rockin' Horse and the Holiday Sentiment Strips sets.
Using foam tape or stack of cardstock strips (to add dimension) adhere them to the stamped panel. Add few white enamel dots.
To finish the card, adhere the panel using craft foam, foam tape of stacked cardstock panels to a Dove White top folded card.
A new Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge begins tomorrow and will tie in with this card drive – stay tuned and you'll be able to participate in both!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy holiday creating!