Coloring a Die Cut Image with the Book Window Fancy Die
You can color any of Hero's Fancy Dies. They do have some lines embossed in them after die cutting them, to help guide your coloring. This window die, in particular, has great detail. After filling it in with alcohol markers, you'll end up with a beautiful no-line coloring job.
The key with this particular die is to find the book covers and spines. You need to use highly contrasting colors for a more effective design.
Steps to Create this Card:
- To begin, I die cut the Book Window Fancy Die out of of the center of an A2 panel of Dove White cardstock.
- Next, I colored the books in with warm and cool gray Copic markers.
- Then, I stamped a sentiment from the Literally the Best stamp set in Intense Black Ink onto a panel of Sand cardstock.
- I stacked the window frame over the Sand panel with some foam tape.
- Next, I adhered it all over a Side Folded Dove card with Precision Glue.
I have a bonus card with the Stacked Books Fancy Die showing the same technique over on my personal blog.
Thank you so much for joining me today for a bit of coloring fun. I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did. Have a super day.Click on products to shop: