Birthday Cards Challenge!
Happy Saturday! Today we are thrilled to have Lisa Stein joining us here on the blog, telling you about the latest monthly challenge over at A Blog Named Hero! She'll stop by every month to share the latest challenge info and inspiration. Take it away, Lisa!
Good morning! Lisa here today to make sure that you get in on the fun over at A Blog Named Hero. This month our challenge is Birthday Cards. Who doesn't need to have extra of those hanging around the house?
We have a monthly challenge with prizes at A Blog Named Hero. One winner gets a $50 gift card to the Hero Arts store and the second winner gets a $25 gift card to the Hero Arts store. Now, on to my cards!
This card was pretty easy to put together. There was a bit of experimenting with the gluing, but here's what I did:
- Use the Bold Graphic Confetti Die to die cut three shades of Layering Paper.
- Glue those layers together, slightly offsetting each layer. Tip for this, apply glue to the backside of the next layer, and then adhere to the layer underneath. Originally I had applied glue on the top side, and that wasn't as easy to keep in the lines. You can see that a bit in the close up of the purple layers above. Ahem.
- Stamp the sentiment from Snarky Mix & Match Messages with Versamark ink on black cardstock. Use white embossing powder to finish this sentiment panel.
- Once the panels have dried, use thin strips of adhesive foam to adhere to a card base.
- Use more adhesive foam to adhere the sentiment to the card front.
- Add some sequins if you like.
- Step back and admire your work.
Now, I might have gone overboard, ha! I made six of these cards because I had six different colors of the Layering Papers and I couldn't decide which I'd like best. I didn't want to choose a favorite.
That's it for me. I hope you get out your full size dies and see what you can do to get more use out of them. It's a very easy card to make, if you have kids you could even get them working the die cut machine for you! Don't forget to join us at A Blog Named Hero for our challenge this month. We love being the challenge blog for Hero Arts and can't wait to see what you make!
Thanks Lisa, your cards are so pretty! And we hope many of our wonderful blog readers will join the challenge this month!