Hi stampers! It’s time for this month’s Awesome Add-ons feature. Before we dive into the project inspiration, here’s a look at all of the new add-on products that were introduced along with the June My Monthly Hero kit. Scroll...scroll...scroll... there are so many fun options this month that can be combined in wonderful ways!
Today we're delighted to have Debi Adams here to share some fabulous “beyond the kit” ideas for a few of the add-ons. Take it away, Debi...
It may be a “jungle out there” but at least now you can create and color your own with these new add-on stamp and die sets. Hi friends! I’m Debi Adams and I am happy to be on the Hero Arts blog today showcasing these fabulous images created yet again, by the amazing in-house art designers at Hero Arts. They truly make creating cards and projects so fun and easy.
First up is the Thanks A Bunch Monkey stamp set with coordinating Frame Cuts and the Leaves & Vines Fancy Die. It took no time at all to come up with this card because the products featured here seem to be made for each other.
1. Shade the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Paradise cardstock using a sponge dauber and Emerald Green ink around the edges. Adhere to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" top folding card base.
2. Die-cut the Leaves & Vines Fancy Die from Canary cardstock. Shade with Blue Raspberry, Key Lime Fizz and Green Apple Reactive Inks. Adhere to card front using foam dots.
3. Stamp monkeys, bananas and flowers onto Dove White cardstock using Intense Black Ink. Die-cut images.
4. Embellish monkeys, bananas and flowers using markers. *Tip: Use a marker similar in color to Paradise cardstock to color around die-cut images so that the white paper edge isn’t so stark against the blue-green background.
5. Adhere monkeys to card front.
6. Stamp and emboss sentiment onto a strip of Paradise cardstock using Unicorn White Ink and White Embossing Powder.
7. Attach strip to card base.
Hero Arts: CM368 Thanks A Bunch Monkeys, DI648 Thanks A Bunch Monkeys Frame Cuts, DI649 Leaves & Vines Fancy Die, PS400 Hero Hues Dove White Top Folded Card, PS312 Hero Hues Paradise Cardstock, PS325 Hero Hues Dove White Cardstock, PS306 Hero Hues Canary Cardstock, AF345 Intense Black Ink, AF249 Unicorn White Ink, PW110 White Embossing Powder, AF315 Hero Hues Emerald Green Ink, AF427 Blue Raspberry Reactive Ink, AF425 Green Apple Reactive Ink, AF424 Key Lime Fizz Reactive Ink, PW200 Embossing Tool, CL081 Acrylic Block, MI002 Sponge Daubers
Other: Adhesive, foam dots, Copic markers of your choice, die-cutting machine
Color your world anyway you like it…
1. Using a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" top folding card base, attach a piece of rainbow patterned paper or create your own using Hero Hues Reactive Inks and sponge daubers.
2. Cut a piece of Dove White cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5". Stamp various leaves from the Tropical Flowers set using Soft Granite Ink.
3. Adhere stamped cardstock to card front.
4. Cut a 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" piece of the rainbow paper. Cut a piece of black and white patterned paper to 2 1/4" x 3 3/4". Adhere black and white patterned paper onto rainbow paper and attach entire piece onto card front.
5. Stamp and die-cut leaves, chameleon and sentiment onto Dove White cardstock using Intense Black Ink. Color chameleon using Blue Raspberry, Pool Party, Key Lime Fizz, Lemon Drop and Taffy Reactive Inks. Color leaves using Key Lime and Green Apple Reactive Inks and then go back and add details with a lime green marker. Trim sentiment and embellish using markers.
6. Die-cut branch from Chestnut cardstock.
7. Attach leaves, branch, chameleon and sentiment onto card base.
8. Use a white pen to accent eyeball of chameleon.
Hero Arts: DC265 Chameleon Stamp & Cut, CM372 Tropical Flowers, DI654 Tropical Flowers Frame Cuts, PS400 Hero Hues Dove White Top Folding Card, PS325 Hero Hues Dove White Cardstock, PS321 Hero Hues Chestnut Cardstock, AF426 Pool Party Reactive Ink, AF427 Blue Raspberry Reactive Ink, AF425 Green Apple Reactive Ink, AF424 Key Lime Fizz Reactive Ink, AF423 Lemon Drop Reactive Ink, AF420 Taffy Reactive Ink, AF226 Soft Granite Shadow Ink, AF345 Intense Black Ink, MI002 Sponge Daubers, CL081 Acrylic Block
Other: Adhesive, Copic markers of your choice, rainbow patterned paper, black and white patterned paper, white pen
A reminder for all My Monthly Hero subscribers: You have the opportunity to add extra items, including but not limited to add-ons, to your kit shipments with no additional shipping charges. Simply log in to your Hero Arts store account and place your order by 11:59am PT on Thursday, June 6 to take advantage of this offer.
Click HERE to sign up if you don't have an account.