10 Minute Birthday Card + Tips
Here's a bright and cheerful birthday card that comes together in minutes. Balloons work for everyone!
I think one of the best things about handmade cards is being able to personalize them for the recipient. I've stamped the birthday girl's age onto one of the [hero_product_link sku="CL940" text="balloons"], using the numbers from the [hero_product_link sku="DC136" text="Alpha Tabs Stamp & Cut"].
A few tips on the creation of this card:
- Slightly offset the solid balloon stamp and the outline stamp for a whimsical look. If you prefer the aligned look, the stamps are very easy to line up.
- Stamp the polka dot image included in the [hero_product_link sku="CL940" text="Balloon Animal Birthday"] set with [hero_product_link sku="AF249" text="Unicorn White"] pigment ink on top of the [hero_product_link sku="AF241" text="neon"] balloons for added interest.
- Stamping with [hero_product_link sku="AF236" text="Charcoal"] ink can be a nice alternative to black. It's just a bit softer, yet still stands outs. I stamped the sentiment, balloon outlines, strings, and numbers in Charcoal.
- Instead of adding bulky layers of paper, build up flat layers of color. For this card, I first painted a wash of pink watercolor. Then I added pink splatters. And finally, I stamped [hero_product_link sku="K6127" text="Kelly's Wood Grid"] on top with Neon Pink ink. (Did you know today is National Pink Day?!)
- Cut tiny triangles from glitter tape and use them as confetti-like embellishments. One roll of tape = approximately ten bazillion glittery triangles! :)
Wishing you a bright and happy Thursday. Thanks for stopping by!