Hello there, today I have two cards to share using Bold Prints backgrounds and the Watercolor Dot Palette for some emboss resist. I thought it would be fun to create one more masculine and one more feminine.
The Watercolor Dot Palette has little dots of Daniel Smith watercolour paint added to it. I believe the sheets were originally made to use as a sample so that if you like the colour, you can buy the full size watercolour paint. They are perfect for us card makers, however, as you can make at least a few cards from each sheet as you do not need much for each project. I kept the colours fairly pale for these cards but you can always add more layers for a bolder look. You can see how I made the cards in the video here:
(If you are having problems viewing this video, please try watching it HERE on YouTube)
I started off by stamping the Wallpaper Pattern Bold Prints and Butterfly Pattern Bold Prints on to two pieces of watercolour paper using Versamark Ink. I applied Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. These were added to a board with painters tape (to help prevent warping) and I applied a generous coating of clear water. I then took a wet paintbrush to the Watercolor Dot Palette and added the paint to the panel.
I used Ultramarine Turquoise and Cobalt Blue for the masculine card, and Quinacridone Pink, Quinacridone Fuchsia and Quinacridone Purple for the feminine card. The paint was applied quite messily and then I added more water to blend the colours together. The panels were left to air-dry for about an hour. While these were drying, I worked on the sentiments. I die cut the happy die from the Happy Stamp & Cut from Midnight Layering Paper three times and layered these up with glue. I did the same with the hello from the Hello Stamp & Cut set but this time from Snow Layering Paper. I also stamped the ‘birthday’ portion of the sentiment from the Happy Stamp & Cut stamp set, using Intense Black Ink. This was cut in to a strip.
Once the watercolour panels were dry, they were cut using the Rectangle Infinity Dies. They were then adhered to white card bases. I used A2 size for the masculine card and 4-Bar for the feminine one. I added the sentiment pieces to the cards and then the masculine card was finished off with clear droplets. The feminine one was finished off using Ombre Purple Sequins.
I hope you will give the Watercolor Dot Palette a go. The colours are beautiful! Happy painting!
Comments will be approved before showing up.