Masking in a Wreath to Create a Bee-Day Card
Hey friends! Daniel West here with a bee-day card featuring the Bee and Flowers Wreath stamp set and coordinating Frame Cuts. This beautiful stamp set goes together like honey and hive! (Is that a saying?) with the January My Monthly Hero Kit! Each little detail complements the next. Take a look at the elements of the set!
Steps to Create this Card:
- To begin, I die cut the large hexagon out with the coordinating Frame Cuts and tacked it down with repositionable adhesive to the front of a Dove White Card.
- Using the die cut as a mask, I stamped the wreath elements around the hexagon in Green Apple, Green Hills, Lime Green, and Pumpkin Pie Inks.
- Then, I pulled up the mask and stamped the hexagon image inside the wreath with Pumpkin Pie Ink.
- Next, I die cut the sprigs and flowers out of the same cardstock and stamped the images in coordinating colors: Ultra Pink and Green Apple.
- Then, I colored them in with Copic markers and added some details with Triplus fineliner pens.
- I glued some of the die cuts directly to the front of the note card and I popped up others with foam tape.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment with Hero Arts Black Ink.
- Next, I pulled out one of the many bees I had colored and die cut from the January My Monthly Hero Kit and popped it up on front with foam tape.
- To finish off the card, I glued down some Champagne Sequin Mix to the front of the card.
What a super fun way to create a wreath. The hexagon helps with placement of all the elements, so you can just pop the stamps on an acrylic block and go to town! So fun!
Thank you so much for joining me today for this project. I hope you enjoyed it and if you are inspired, you will find a grid of supplies below for your convenience.
Have a wonderful week!
Click on products to shop: