Creating a Light Effect with the Winter Woods HeroScape Stamp Set
Hey there! Daniel West here with an easy light effect for the lamppost in the Winter Woods HeroScape stamp set.
I adore all of the HeroScape stamp sets and this one in particular. It features a a few snow shadow stamps that absolutely rock! The snow-laden trees could not layer more easily.
Steps to Create this Card:
- To begin, I stamped out the lamppost image in Charcoal Ink onto some Dove White Cardstock.
- Then, I die cut a small circle mask out of the same cardstock and adhered it over the lamppost top. I wanted to use thicker cardstock to keep the layering stamp a bit removed from around the light when I laid it down.
- Next, I inked up the largest line of trees with Pool Ink, dabbing off an area of around the lamppost to lighten the ink in that area. I did this three times.
- Then, I stamped the foreground layer of trees with Pool and Charcoal Inks, dabbing off the area around the lamppost, again.
- Next, I added the background line of trees with Pool Ink, stamping only once to give a lighter amount of ink.
- After that, I added in the snow drift image in Pool Ink and the deer, trees, and rabbit with Charcoal Ink in the foreground.
- At the bottom, I added the "Merry Christmas" from the Holiday Blessings Stamp Set, because it was a bit smaller and fit my layout better.
- Next, I die cut the scene out with the top die from the coordinating Winter Woods Color Layering Frame Cuts.
- Then, I added a vignette of Pool Ink to the front of a Dove White Note Card with a blender brush and adhered the die cut panel over the front.
- To finish off the card, I dotted in some snow with a white paint pen and added some Hero Hues Enamel Dots to the front.
I hope you enjoyed this little project and maybe you'll give it a try! I have a bonus card using the same set on my blog, too! Check out more inspiration for this stamp set in the photos on the product page!
You will find a grid of supplies below for your convenience.
Have a wonderful week!
Click on products to shop: