Hello friends! It’s time for this month’s Awesome Add-ons feature. Before we dive into the project inspiration, here’s a look at all of the new add-on products that we've released alongside the October My Monthly Hero kit. Get ready for retro-fab holiday crafting with this fun assortment of stamps and dies!
Today we're delighted to have Debi Adams here to share some wonderful “beyond the kit” ideas for a few of the add-ons. Let's get started!
Well hello friends! Debi Adams here and I am so grateful to be able to showcase two fabulous sets from the My Monthly Hero add-ons for October. I have to say that this entire launch has to be pretty close to my favorite. I’m quite obsessed with retro and these designs do not disappoint. So many fabulous images that bring back my childhood, but we won’t go there. I can relive it a little bit in the cards I create though. And with just the change of a few colors, you can make these look modern too, if you like. It’s all in the approach. Here’s what I created.
The instructions for this card are simple…
1. Stamp background onto a piece of 4 1/4” x 5” piece of Dove White cardstock using Red Royal Ink and the MISTI. Clean stamp, move cardstock over slightly and stamp again using Pool Party Reactive Ink.
2. Center and adhere background piece to an aqua card base measuring 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
3. Cut a piece of Dove White cardstock into a wide-ended rectangle. Mat with a piece of red-glittered cardstock. Attach to card base using foam dots.
4. Stamp signage onto Dove White cardstock using Pool Party Reactive Ink. Die-cut image and adhere to rectangle using foam dots.
5. Die-cut sentiment from plain red and aqua cardstock. Die-cut image again from red and green glittered cardstock. Attach colors together, leaving a little of the glitter portion showing. Adhere to card base.
6. Stamp small sentiment onto the rectangular cardstock using Red Royal Ink.
Hero Arts: CM399 Retro Christmas Messages, DI698 Retro Christmas Messages Frame Cuts, CG797 Line & Dot Pattern Bold Prints, DC270 Merry Christmas Script Stamp & Cut, PS325 Dove White Cardstock, PS312 Hero Hues Paradise Cardstock, PS302 Hero Hues Cranberry Cardstock, AF225 Red Royal Mid Tone Ink, AF426 Pool Party Reactive Ink, MT100 MISTI, CL074 Acrylic Block
Other: Red-glittered cardstock, green-glittered cardstock, foam dots
This card took some fun elements off the Ornament Pieces Cover Plate Die. Can you see where?
1. Use a large size Nesting Oval Infinity Die to cut out the center of a 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” piece of Dove White cardstock.
2. Fussy-cut a piece of “snow” from glittered cardstock and adhere to bottom of a 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” Mist card base.
3. Adhere oval-cut cardstock to top of card base.
4. Die-cut three designs from the Pop Art collection from pink, Mist and lime green cardstock. Adhere to card base.
5. Stamp and emboss white snowflakes using VersaMark ink and white embossing powder onto card base.
6. Die-cut sentiment out of pink cardstock and red-glittered cardstock. Die-cut star design from red-glittered cardstock.
7. Embellish bottom of the word “Happy” using a sponge dauber and Red Royal Ink.
8. Attach solid cardstock sentiments to glittered words sentiment and adhere to card base.
9. Adhere star design to card base using foam dot.
10. Use pieces from Ornament Pieces Cover Plate to create ornament tip and holder. (Dove White & silver cardstock.) Adhere in place.
Hero Arts: DC269 Happy Holidays Script Stamp & Cut, DI701 Pop Art Fancy Dies, DI703 Ornament Pieces Cover Plate, DI337 Nesting Oval Infinity Dies, PS325 Dove White Cardstock, PW312 Paradise Cardstock, PS311 Mist Cardstock, AF225 Red Royal Mid Tone Ink, VC250 VersaMark Ink, PW110 White Embossing Powder, MI002 Sponge Daubers, CL073 Acrylic Block, PW200 Embossing Tool
Other: Foam dots, medium pink cardstock, lime green cardstock, red-glittered cardstock, silver cardstock
Sometimes it’s just the tiny details, a bit of glitter or dimension, that finishes off the card.
Lots of fun things to do with both of these sets. What are you going to create? With Christmas always arriving sooner than later, time to get making.
Thanks for hanging with me today!
A reminder for all My Monthly Hero subscribers: You have the opportunity to add extra items, including but not limited to add-ons, to your kit shipments with no additional shipping charges. Simply log in to your Hero Arts store account and place your order by 11:59am PST on Thursday, October 10 to take advantage of this offer.
Click HERE to sign up if you don't have an account.