Awesome Add-ons: July 2019 Edition
Hello friends! It’s time for this month’s Awesome Add-ons feature. Before we dive into the project inspiration, here’s a look at all of the new add-on products that we've released alongside the July My Monthly Hero kit. From s'mores and tents to fish and forests, you'll find many fun products that capture the great outdoors and take Summertime stamping in creative directions!
Today we're delighted to have Debi Adams here to share some fabulous “beyond the kit” ideas for a few of the add-ons. Take it away, Debi...
Hey friends! This is Debi Adams and I’m happy to have you join me on the Hero Arts blog. I have two cards to share with you today using July’s My Monthly Hero add-ons. Well Holy Mackerel…it’s all about fish but the truth is, these sets are so great that you can use them to convey a lot of fun messages besides the smelly ones.
First up is “Holy Mackerel”. Featured here are two different sets. One is the Log Letters and Numbers with a few icons mixed in, as seen in the fish and hook. The other stamp is the Fishing Net Bold Prints. What a great fill-in background and both products work perfectly together.
1. Using a top folding Dove White card as the base, cut a piece of Nautical cardstock 4” x 5 1/4”. Adhere Nautical cardstock to card base using foam dots.
2. Stamp fish and anchor hooks onto a piece of 3 3/4” x 5” Dove White cardstock using Intense Black ink and Soft Granite ink (hooks), leaving bottom half of card blank.
3. Embellish fish and hooks with markers.
4. Stamp the Fishing Net Bold Prints image on top of the fish using Soft Granite ink and the MISTI.
5. Punch tiny holes about 1/4” above the mouths of fish and insert a small amount of string or twine into the hole and adhere to back side of cardstock. Bring string around on top and wind around to back side and adhere in place.
6. Use glue to attach jump rings to fish mouths.
7. Attach entire cardstock piece to Nautical cardstock base.
8. Stamp and color the sentiment “Holy Mackerel” onto a piece of 3 3/4” x 1 3/8” Dove White cardstock using Intense Black ink and markers.
9. Attach sentiment to a piece of 4” x 1 1/2” strip of Nautical cardstock and adhere to card base using foam dots.
Hero Arts: CM383 Log Letters & Numbers, CG789 Fishing Net Bold Prints, PS400 Hero Hues Dove White Top Folded Card, PS325 Hero Hues Dove White Cardstock, PS316 Hero Hues Nautical Cardstock, AF345 Intense Black Ink, AF226 Soft Granite Ink, MT100 MISTI Laser Etched Tool, CL081 Acrylic Block
Other: Foam dots, silver jump rings, twine, markers of your choice, tiny hole punch
I was “hooked” on both the whimsical hook design and simple fish. Aren’t they fun?
1. Cut and adhere a piece of 3 3/4” x 5” Dove White cardstock to top folded card base (4 1/4” x 5 1/2”) using foam dots.
2. Stamp Fishing Pattern Bold Prints onto a piece of 2” x 4” Dove White cardstock using Intense Black ink and MISTI. Color in bait/hooks with various markers.
3. Adhere stamped image onto a piece of 2 1/4” x 4 1/4” Pitch Black cardstock. Attach entire piece onto card base.
4. Cut a skinny strip of Dove White cardstock to about 4 1/2” in length to create a fishing pole. Color with markers.
5. Attach a piece of dental floss to end of “fishing pole” and adhere to card.
6. Stamp fish using Intense Black ink onto Dove White cardstock. Die cut fish. Embellish with markers.
7. Adhere fish to “fishing line”, aka dental floss, using foam dots and adhere in place.
8. Stamp and emboss sentiment onto Pitch Black cardstock using VersaMark ink, white embossing powder and an embossing gun. Trim to desired size. Adhere to card base.
Hero Arts: CG790 Fishing Pattern Bold Prints, CM382 Camp in the Wild, CM381 Lake Time Fun, PS400 Hero Hues Dove White Top Folded Card, PS325 Dove White Cardstock, PS323 Pitch Black Cardstock, AF345 Intense Black Ink, VC250 VersaMark Ink, PW110 White Embossing Powder, PW200 Embossing Gun, MT100 Misti Laser Etched Tool, CL073 Acrylic Block
Other: Foam dots, dental floss, markers of your choice
So which one is your favorite? Hard to choose from such great designs. Whether you fish, or not, these stamps are a great “catch”. :)
A reminder for all My Monthly Hero subscribers: You have the opportunity to add extra items, including but not limited to add-ons, to your kit shipments with no additional shipping charges. Simply log in to your Hero Arts store account and place your order by 11:59am PT on Thursday, July 4 to take advantage of this offer.