Awesome Add-ons: April 2019 Edition
Hello stampers! It’s time for this month’s Awesome Add-ons feature. Before we dive into the project inspiration, here’s a look at all 12 of the add-on products that were introduced along with the April My Monthly Hero kit. So many fun options!
Today we're delighted to have Debi Adams here to share some fabulous “beyond the kit” ideas for a few of the add-ons. Take it away, Debi...
Never been to Italy? How about Napa? No worries either way. I’m Debi Adams and with these two new Hero Arts stamp and die sets, let’s see if I can make you think you’re there or at least let you dream! (No bag packing required!) And how fun is this collection? Haven’t seen anything like it. Creating these two cards was super easy, even if you aren’t experienced with watercolors or don’t draw. The stamps and dies have taken all of the guess work out and the Watercolor Palette Dots by Daniel Smith are some of the nicest watercolors on the market. They make painting easy. So pull out some watercolor paper (140lb., cold-pressed. I used Arches) and let’s get started. Supplies are listed below.
1. Use Misti to stamp solid background of village onto watercolor paper (4" x 6" sheet) using Butter Bar ink.
2. Stamp outline background of village on top of solid village using Intense Black Ink.
3. Stamp trees in Moss ink.
4. Shade areas using water flow brush and Watercolor Dot Palette by Daniel Smith for Hero Arts.
5. Attach strips of layered monochromatic Papaya and Pumpkin Cardstock strips to bottom of 4 1/2" x 6" card base.
6. Attach watercolored image to card front.
7. Stamp sentiment onto a small strip of watercolor paper using Intense Black Ink.
8. Tie black twine around card.
9. Adhere sentiment to card base using foam dots.
Hero Arts: CM349 Color Layering Village, MT100 Misti Laser Etched Tool, AF207 Butter Bar Ink, AF343 Moss Ink, AF345 Intense Black Ink, PD102 Watercolor Dot Palette, PD103 Water Flow Brush, PS304 Hero Hues Papaya Cardstock, PS305 Hero Hues Pumpkin Cardstock
Other: Foam dots, black twine, watercolor paper (140lb. cold-pressed), 4 1/2" x 6" card base
And this village…let’s make it in living color…
1. Die-cut both buildings and cobblestone street from watercolor paper. Do not punch out all parts of cobblestone. (I like the look of it appearing as if some stones are still there.)
2. Brush ink or markers across cobblestones in a random manner using gray, yellow and rust colors. (Inks would be Butter Bar, Just Rust, Soft Granite, Charcoal).
3. Watercolor buildings using Watercolor Dot Palette. Cut and attach black cardstock to backside of buildings.
4. Apply yellow watercolor to bottom of base of 4.25" x 5.5" watercolor card.
5. Adhere cobblestone street and then buildings to card base.
6. Lightly pencil in a crooked "arrow" to make a road. Watercolor "road" area in yellow then add deeper shades to edges eventually adding green leaves and red flowers.
7. Watercolor green and yellow hills.
8. Make long and lean "arrow" shapes for trees using Water Flow Brush and Watercolor Dot Palette.
9. Make a very watery blue for sky using Water Flow Brush.
10. Stamp and emboss sentiment using VersaMark and gold embossing powder onto a small black strip of cardstock.
11. Attach sentiment to card base using foam dots.
Hero Arts: DI631 European Village Fancy Dies, AF207 Butter Bar Ink, AF256 Just Rust Ink, AF226 Soft Granite Ink, AF236 Charcoal Ink, VC250 VersaMark, PW100 Gold Embossing Powder, PW200 Embossing Gun, PD103 Water Flow Brush, PD102 Watercolor Dot Palette, PS323 Hero Hues Pitch Black Cardstock
Other: Foam dots, watercolor paper (140lb. cold-pressed), markers in grays, yellows and rust
How did you do? A tad addicting? Need practice? It’s ok. When you own the sets, you can stamp or die-cut as much as you like. You totally got this!
A reminder for all My Monthly Hero subscribers: You have the opportunity to add extra items, including but not limited to add-ons, to your kit shipments with no additional shipping charges. Simply log in to your Hero Arts store account and place your order by 11:59am PT on Thursday, April 4 to take advantage of this offer.