By Shari Carroll
Create a stunning jewelry piece to jazz up any outfit. Pull pieces from your other crafts (fabric, scrapbook embellishments, buttons etc.) to personalize the pendant. This beautiful necklace can be created in minutes with the right tools and a bit of flare.
1. Slowly and carefully drill two holes in a standard domino with a small drill bit.
2. Cut a small piece of felt slightly larger than the domino and place in the small tin. 3. To create background color, choose two to three complementary colors of Pinata Paints. Drop a few drops of each color (not touching each other) onto the felt. Add a drop of extender to color.
4. Hold the domino and blot onto colored felt. Repeat process until the sides and back of the domino has desired coverage. Note: This paint dries fast to the touch and will keep its gloss.
5. To add more texture, add more extender to the felt and then repeat the original process. 6. When domino is completly dry, stamp Art and Life Background with Staz-On ink. Spray with an acrylic sealer.
7. Attach strap, beads and charms for accent.
Alternate: Dog Tag Necklace
Embellish the pendent with hand stamped pieces.
Stamp and hang the domino horizontally for a different look.
Create matching earrings and bracelet for the perfect gift.
When stamping image, be sure to stamp quickly. Staz-On and Pinata paint are solvent based inks and if the stamp is allowed to stay on the surface too long, it will pull up the background color of the domino.
Standard size domino
pinata paint extender
charms and beads
electric drill and drill bit