Peekaboo!

Hello there, stampers! It’s Sandy Allnock from Operation Write Home again — back with a fun and interactive card perfect to send to kids…I wanted to share a card idea that will totally take advantage of the brand new dies that match two of the OWH sets! The stamp sets are Missing You and Lil Hoot — and today’s card uses the owls from the latter.

owh_newdies_500

Check out the video - and let me know what you think in a comment!

(If you are having problems viewing this video, please try watching it HERE on YouTube.)

Sandy Allnock LilHoot 1

One tip I wanted to add that I didn’t get to include in the video: use good heavy cardstock for the owls! There’s only that tiny piece of adhesive holding it on the card, and one of my early prototypes of this card was on lighter weight paper - and the leaves and branch kinda curled up. I’d recommend 110# Neenah.

Sandy Allnock LilHoot 2

Find out how to make this card — click for complete supplies and instructions.

Thanks so much to not only Hero Arts — but to all of you shoppers! The fundraising efforts from the sales of these special products are a partnership between all of us to raise the needed funds to keep our service members busy writing home!

6/18/14 Update: Due to a defect, the Operation Write Home Frame Cuts (DI101 and DI102) will be remade. Sandy had to hand cut given our dies were the wrong size — it will be so much easier for you and Sandy when the dies arrive! Estimated arrival time is 2 weeks. Please click HERE for more information.

Black Ink Pad (AF101) Wet Cement Shadow Ink Mid-Tone (AF213) Black Metallic Decor (CH203) OWH Lil Hoot (CL755) OWH Lil Hoot Cuts (DI101) Kraft Paper (PS627) Pool Folded Cards (PS659)
Designer Woodgrain (S5208)

46 Responses to “Peekaboo!”

Pages of comments: « 1 2 3 4 [5] Show All

Melissa SunshineHoneyBee said:

Do not have either set but like the Lil Hoot set. I like stamps & dies. Like your interactive card. Will give it a try with some other Hero Arts stamps I own until I save up to get the Lil Hoot stamps & dies.
    Melissa
    “Sunshine HoneyBee”

Carol said:

love this card and can see so many of your other stamps which will work as well. Adorable
    I don’t own either at the moment but that can soon be changed!

Maggie said:

Thanks for the tutorial video on this adorable card! I don’t have either set, but I plan to purchase (come on payday!). I love OWH; I am not a good enough stamper to make cards for heros to send, but I have sent cards to thank them for their service! Amazing effort for our troops! Thank you!

Naomi said:

Sandy your peek-a-boo owl is gorgeous, very easy to follow and its just a “hoot”.
    Well done. Keep up the good work. I’ll keep watching.

Susan Smith said:

Thank you Sandy, so so so cute - will make one for my next grandchilds b’day….
    and I just know I will get a big hug for this one !!

I don’t own eitheer - but I’m working on that !
    Sue

Jill Kinsman said:

Wow, fantastic card, Sandy! Hope to own all the sets and dies soon!

Diane N. said:

Great card. I love owls and I love the coloring you decided on. I have both sets and will be buying the dies when they are available. And, thank you for the wonderful work you do.

Lynda said:

It’s fun to see a card with a pull tab. Can’t wait to try this myself!

Jane Rakonczay said:

I am sooo going to make that card for my great granddaughter who lives clear across the US from me. I bought both sets for grand kid cards and was so excited to see that there are matching dies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda W. said:

Darling card, Sandy - just love that there will be dies for these two sets!!

Pages of Comments: « 1 2 3 4 [5] Show All