Hi! It’s Lisa and Kelly here, and we’re back for the last day of the Hero Arts and Lawn Fawn Happy Holiday Blog Swap!
I just love this happy fun card that Kelly made for today! First the outside! Love how she dressed the reindeer in neon sweaters! Wah!
And here’s the inside, with even MORE neon! Because you can never have enough neon during the holidays! Woo!
Here are some tips from Kelly:
- To create the pink card base I covered white cardstock in Neon Pink ink! This is a great way to get a coordinating card stock to your ink if you don’t have it.
- I used the Snow Dots background on the Pool card stock for some subtle texture. I used the Sizzix/Hero Arts die combo to stamp and cut out my reindeer.
- To give them neon sweaters, I stamped them again and just cut out the sweater and glue it on top of the die cut reindeer. When I adhered them, I used glue dots for the reindeer in the back and foam dots for the reindeer in the front to give it even more dimension.
- I had some Blush Mixed Accents but I wanted a really bright red for Rudolph’s nose, so I used a Copic (a Sharpee would work, too) to color it red.
- I free hand cut a snowy hill and then added some Stickles along the top for some holiday sparkle.
- I added some white gel pen stitching lines to finish it off!
- I knew I wanted some more Neon on this card, so I decided to use the Happy background again but this time in 5 different neon colors on the inside of the card! I then cut apart a sentiment from Snow Much Joy to frame the bright and happy “jolly”! I thought neon was the perfect choice for our last day since I know Lisa loves it!
Kelly knows me too well, I really do LOVE neon! Ha.
Her trick of covering the edges of a white card to make matching neon pink paper is brilliant, don’t you think? Thanks so much for a super awesome week, Kelly! Had so much fun, wish it didn’t have to end!
And, we’re not done putting the happy in your holiday just yet — we have a giveaway for you!
Leave a comment on this post by Monday, October 29th to win all the goodies you see here that Kelly used this week, including: the Happy cling background stamp, Punch and Kraft layering papers, and Sea and Blush mixed gemstone packs. Woo! We’ll announce the lucky random winner on Tuesday.
Then after you’ve left your comment, click on over to the Lawn Fawn blog to see what I’ve made for today. Pssssst, a little birdie told me you may find a giveaway there, too!
Hope you have a stampy great weekend, and thanks so much for joining Kelly and I this week! We had an absolute blast and hope that you did too!