Fix-It Friday!

Hi everyone! Unbelievably, here we are at Friday already…where do the weeks go?! Today I have one final card idea for Father’s Day. I wanted to do something fun for this one so I ventured out to the garage for inspiration…and found it in duct tape.

Yes, duct tape. Dad will surely be proud. :) I’ve been noticing those fabulous and trendy Japanese masking tapes everywhere, but today’s card calls for none of that. With good old duct tape as my adhesive of choice, I created a no-frills card for my amazing “Mr. Fix It” Dad.

card_4534

The inside is probably my favorite part, and the simplest thing ever! The “to a Dad who can fix anything” message that’s in the Happy Dad’s Day set just seemed destined for duct tape. It stamped beautifully with black StazOn Ink. (Be sure to get a few wrinkles/bubbles in the tape to make it more authentic looking!)

card_4534_large

Card by Tami Hartley. Click HERE for complete supplies and instructions.

Think about the creative potential that may be lurking in the garage or around the house — you just never know what you might find when you start searching!

Now we have even more inspiration for you with SIX bonus cards for Idea Friday!

may21-ideafriday

All of today’s cards feature stamps from the Artists Proofs catalog. As always, complete supplies and instructions are available for each of these cards — just click on the titles below to view each in more detail.

Thanks so much for joining me during this week of cards for Dads & Grads. I hope you’re feeling inspired to create something for this month’s challenge! Remember, you have until next Thursday (May 27) to submit. The Win-a-Day on the Blog Contest is currently under way as well, and any theme goes for that one. More details HERE!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!

Filed under:

66 Responses to “Fix-It Friday!”

Pages of comments: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Show All

Shannon Sawyer said:

On this “Happy Dad’s Day” card by Tami H., I think the duct tape is just incredibly clever and such a wonderful idea. How come I can’t come up with great ideas like that?

Karen said:

What a great idea with the duct tape. Nothing says male better than duct tape.

Shannon got it right with her comment about extremely talented. I totally agree on that one.

I like the get well and the Every Day is a Gift cards especially. The mostly all purple on the Every Day card is really nice.

Fiona Taylor said:

I love the Father’s Day card! The tools on the front are so cute and the tape - well, we all love that! I think the Art of Kindness sentiment is so lovely. It is exactly what I want to say to some people. Big ‘thumbs up’ to the person who thought of that one.

Karina said:

Lovely inspiration. TFS!!!!!

Greta said:

Wonderful ideas–thanks so much!!

Kari Sanchez said:

I love making any type of card…but this year is going to be a special card made for my ex-husband…what a great inspiration you have been to me to make all kinds of cards and since this weekend I finally have time to myself…yahooo…I am making my card out !!!! ….lol…have a great weekend Hero Arts!!

Jennifer said:

Thank you for sharing all these lovely cards Tami! I love your duct tape :) so clever and loving!

Laci said:

That duct tape is a nice touch!

mrs. r said:

LOVE this card!!! BRILLIANT!

suzieq said:

wow, great new houses and skyline stamps. New birdies are fantastic, especially the three birds singing on the wire. Cant wait to start making cards with the new stamps, and layouts too!

Pages of Comments: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Show All