Hi everyone! Unbelievably, here we are at Friday already…where do the weeks go?! Today I have one final card idea for Father’s Day. I wanted to do something fun for this one so I ventured out to the garage for inspiration…and found it in duct tape.
Yes, duct tape. Dad will surely be proud. I’ve been noticing those fabulous and trendy Japanese masking tapes everywhere, but today’s card calls for none of that. With good old duct tape as my adhesive of choice, I created a no-frills card for my amazing “Mr. Fix It” Dad.
The inside is probably my favorite part, and the simplest thing ever! The “to a Dad who can fix anything” message that’s in the Happy Dad’s Day set just seemed destined for duct tape. It stamped beautifully with black StazOn Ink. (Be sure to get a few wrinkles/bubbles in the tape to make it more authentic looking!)
Card by Tami Hartley. Click HERE for complete supplies and instructions.
Think about the creative potential that may be lurking in the garage or around the house — you just never know what you might find when you start searching!
Now we have even more inspiration for you with SIX bonus cards for Idea Friday!
All of today’s cards feature stamps from the Artists Proofs catalog. As always, complete supplies and instructions are available for each of these cards — just click on the titles below to view each in more detail.
- Every Day is a Gift - Dress up a folded card with a wildflower background.
- Art of Kindness - Experiment with pearlized painting!
- Great Friend - Create a soft and beautiful card with inks, stamps and gems.
- Just Me Thinking of You - Stamp multiple stems of pretty wildflowers for someone special.
- Beauty of the Day - Craft a tag or small greeting card with a long floral frame.
- Get Well Soon - Try creating a colorful embossed resist direct-to-paper card.
Thanks so much for joining me during this week of cards for Dads & Grads. I hope you’re feeling inspired to create something for this month’s challenge! Remember, you have until next Thursday (May 27) to submit. The Win-a-Day on the Blog Contest is currently under way as well, and any theme goes for that one. More details HERE!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!
Filed under: Idea Friday