Last week the HERO team met for 2010 strategy meetings…and we got a sneak peek of the new catalog (awesome!) Here’s a tiny peek of some felt flower brooches that I created using one of the new stamps…
For lunch one day, we got to go to Paulding and Co. in Emeryville, CA where they filmed the first season of Bravo’s Top Chef! We split up in groups and tackled some recipes that were real keepers! Here…see what you think…warning…this will make you hungry!
And what to do with all of those delicious recipes? Stash them in a cute recipe holder like the one I made HERE!
Now, here’s Leslie Lightfoot with some wonderful Thanksgiving scrapbooking inspiration for you. Her “Count Your Blessings” page is a feast for the eyes…
- Heart Winged Butterfly
- Three Ferns
- Silhouette Flower
- Count Your Blessings
- Medium Accent Pearl
- Misty Meadow Chalk Ink Queue
- Memories Cherry Red Ink
- White Notecards
- Assorted Clear Circles
- Silver Embossing Powder
- Top Boss Embossing Ink Pad
- Other: striped patterned paper
Four fabulous tips from Leslie:
- Use Stazon ink when stamping onto photos to avoid smudging. It dries instantly.
- I like my butterflies to look like they are ‘flying’ so I only adhere the body of the butterfly to the page and then add foam (3D) squares behind the wings so they don’t lie flat on the page.
- I created the photo collage using a template where you slide the photos into the template in a photo editing program like Photoshop. You can do something similar by finding a shape you like and cutting photos to fit the shape.
- Change the color of white pearls to silver with a metallic marker.
We usually announce the previous week’s challenge winners on Thursday, but since we are giving our staff a little break, we will announce them on Friday.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!