I am really excited about this week. We are going to be exploring ideas for using photos on cards and other projects. This will be fun! We will be sharing lots of ideas for creative ways to showcase favorite photos. Let’s get started!
First, here are three photo cards I made using the same supplies. I used the I Care Frame Messages set to create frames for my photos. (I love finding unique ways to use stamps… increasing their value!) I also love the A Little Note set for adding messages to the photos, making it look like they are speaking.
Cards by Jennifer McGuire.
- I Care Frame Messages (for frames on photos)
- Wallpaper Background
- A Little Note
- Soft Pool, Soft Leaf and Soft Stone Shadow Inks and Black Memories Ink
- Spring Notecards and Kraft Notecards
- Other: Sewing machine, colored pencils, markers and photos. (Photo of Shari and Jennifer by Jamie Waters.)
Next we have this beautiful card from Kelly Rasmussen. Isn’t it lovely? Kelly used some flower photos she found in a magazine. What a great idea! Kelly said, “I cut three different flower photos from a magazine and adhered them to a piece of cardstock to make them sturdy.”
Card by Kelly Rasmussen.
- Old Letter Writing
- Everyday Sayings
- Lime Notecards
- Spring Felt Buttons
- Orange Gemstones
- Soft Apricot Ink Pad
- Other: Ribbon (Making Memories), Antique Linen Distress Ink, white cardstock, flower photos from Women’s Day magazine, twine, sewing, pop dots
I also wanted to share a project using a photo. Erin Lincoln created this amazing frame using stamps and a photo. What a great, inexpensive and thoughtful gift it would make!
Frame by Erin Lincoln.
- Special Edition: Artistic Windows
- Scallop Borders
- Anytime Messages
- Dot Trees
- Dot Hearts
- Black Memories Ink and Primary Elements Chalk Ink Queue
- Other: Magnetic frame (Target), patterned paper (Chatterbox)
I was looking through the Hero Arts website yesterday and found some more photo card ideas for you. Just click on the circle to see a full-size image and information:
And, if you are a scrapbooker like me, be sure to visit our huge scrapbooking idea gallery HERE.
Time for our challenge! Yep, this week’s challenge is to create a new stamped project using a photo. This photo can be one you have taken or something you found in a magazine. Anything works! And, yes, scrapbook pages are welcome. Please use at least one Hero Arts stamp on your project and use the tag word “photo” when uploading to the Hero Arts Flickr Group. The deadline for submitting is Sunday, July 5th at 11:59 pm PST. Here are the fab prizes you may win:
- Fresh Face Winner (someone who has not yet won a contest): $50 of new Hero Arts stamps + a 2009 catalog
- Scrapbook Page Winner: $50 of new Hero Arts stamps + a 2009 catalog
- 1st Place: $50 of new Hero Arts stamps + a 2009 catalog
- 2nd Place: $25 of new Hero Arts stamps + a 2009 catalog
- 3rd Place: $15 of new Hero Arts stamps + a 2009 catalog
And, of course, we have to have a giveaway! I have a set of each of the stamps I used on my set of photo cards above - the A Little Note and I Care Frame Messages sets. I will pick a lucky winner from those who leave a comment by 11:59 pm PST Wednesday telling me if they have ever created a photo card. Good luck!!!
See you tomorrow. Have fun stamping…
Filed under: photo