White on White Watch it Wednesday!

Welcome back!

I’ve been wanting to do a white on white project for sometime now.  I’m intrigued with texture and muted tones.  This combination reminds me of carved stone or seashells.  I love doing  these blog entries because they give me a chance to explore and have fun with my stamps.

Today’s project is a small 4″x4″ canvas using Claudine Helmuth’s Studio Line multi-medium matte from Ranger.  It’s absolutely fantastic to use with papers on canvas or even for altered books.  Here’s a quick video of my mini “flower” masterpiece:

Shhhhh, I’m giving this to my sister for Mothers Day, she’s going to just love it!

white-on-white-canvas

Add here’s a close up of the tiny details, I’ve added a punched butterfly and lifted the petals of the flowers up to created a little more depth.

white-on-white-canvas-close-up

Canvas by Shari Carroll

Supplies

Now it’s time to announce the winner of the Flower stamp set from Monday, are you ready? I ran the numbers through Random.org and post #282 came up.

Maeghan said:

April 27th, 2009 at 9:57 am

I’m always using flowers on my cards! They (along with bling) are my favorite embellishments to use!!!

[282]

Congratulations Meaghan, please leave us an email so we can get your mailing information.

Let’s recap what we’ve got going on right now.  There’s still time to enter the Win-A-Day on the blog contest! You have until Thursday, April 30th to submit your entries.  Click HERE for all the details!

The “MAYFLOWERS” challenge entries need to be loaded to the flickr group pool by 11:59PST, Sunday May 3rd.  Click HERE for more details.

Oh and let’s not forget National Scrapbook Day is this Saturday and Mothers Day is May 10th!

I’ll see you Friday.

___shari

Filed under: ,

86 Responses to “White on White Watch it Wednesday!”

Pages of comments: « 13 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Show All

yvette said:

Beautiful project Shari!!

Tiffany said:

Beautiful project Shari, thank you for sharing the technique!

shirl Martin said:

I loved your White on White gift for your sister. Some questions,
    the butterfly punch, where can you get it and the pointy tool?

shari said:

Hi Shirl,
    The butterfly punch is a Martha Stewart one I purchased at Michaels, The pointy tool was given to me while I was in the UK, but I think Tonic makes one that retracts into the handle (A Tim Holtz product).

I hope that helps!
    :o)
    Shari

Kelly said:

Love the video. The white on white is stunning.

Linda said:

Beautiful!!!~

wowzer98 Wendy W said:

Great project Shari…just in time for Mother’s Day. Can’t wait to try my own little canvas creation.

Was that medium product sold in the scrapbook section of the store or in the painting department?

HeathreP said:

Such a beautiful white on white project, Shari! Thanks so much for sharing.

Jolie said:

Love this project. Its BEAUTIFUL! I am going to attempt to make something of my own. But am unsure of the medium used in the project? Could decopage be used?

diane duda said:

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Pages of Comments: « 13 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Show All