A fun card share and giveways…

Hello again!

It is Thursday - this week is flying by.  Today I have some fun projects to share from a couple of my favorite artists.

First, check out this amazing layout by Maggie Holmes.  For years I have loved Maggie’s pages and was so thrilled when she agreed to do a page for us to share.  And, guess what?  Her page goes with our theme… it is interactive.  Notice the hidden writing!

maggie1sml.jpg

maggie2sml.jpg

Supplies:

Next is an adorable card from another talented artist, Nichol Magouirk.  Nichol sent me this card a few months ago and I was floored by how creative it was!  So, I thought I would share it here since it is a good example of an interactive card.  Basically, she cut a Hero Arts Acetate Card to 4×4 and decorated the outside.  Inside of the card, she adhered a mini brown card to write the message in.  Perfection!

nicholsml.jpg

Supplies:

Thank you, Maggie and Nichol, for letting me share your goodies here.  Hugs to you both.  :)

I hope you are all having fun with the interactive card challenge!  Remember: it doesn’t have to be complicated at all.  Just do something that is a bit different than a normal store-bought card.  You have until Sunday night to post your entries.

And… I thought today would be a good day for giveaways!  Just leave a comment on this post by 11:59pmPST tomorrow night (Friday) telling me your three favorite colors for cardmaking.  I will randomly pick THREE winners… and they will each receive the popular Big Owl stamp that I used in Tuesday’s post!

k5059.jpg

See you tomorrow!

___jennifer.jpg

539 Responses to “A fun card share and giveways…”

Pages of comments: « 148 49 50 51 52 53 [54] Show All

rani said:

Love that cute little owl!!! The colors I use now for cards are kraft, black and lime green.

Debbie S. said:

Right now I am using browns and blues together. With two boys I try to keep it somewhat boyish.

Caroline said:

I have really never thought of interactive cards, and all the possibilities you have covered this week! The best I have done so far is using pockets on cards.

The owl is cute, I love his slightly cartoonish look, but I want to win a lottery or something so I can stay home and stamp all the time! Work cuts into my craft time!

Amber said:

I love the owl!!! I cannot wait for my LSS to get the new stamps in!!!

Raimi said:

My favortie three colors for card making are white(becasue it’s clean & crisp looking), black(casue it’s basic & gives colros a pop) & I love Sage green(just becasue it’s my fave Thanks for letting me play! I love the blog!

Raimi

Tiffany said:

hello! My three favorite colors to use for cards (and scrapbooking too!) are red, orange, and green. By using different hues of the colors, the card can evoke a sense of happiness, peace, craziness, or any other emotion. Bright red and orange evoke spontaneity and sage green gives off a peaceful vibe.

besides being nice colors for cards, i just love these three colors! :)

Emily Zhang said:

Hi, there, I have to say my favourite three colour for the card are pink, white and brown.

Kari said:

I love that little owl. Right now I am loving bright colors Pinks, Greens, and White. I love the idea of interactive cards and pages, too cute.

Jeannette said:

My 3 favs are lt blue, brown, apricot.

Dawn Malave said:

I’m not much of a card maker. But when I do make them I gravitate to reds, oranges and lime green (mostly birthday cards ;) )

Pages of Comments: « 148 49 50 51 52 53 [54] Show All