I’m so honored to have a very special guest today: Claudine Hellmuth! I’ve been a HUGE fan of Claudine’s for ages, her work is so colorful and FUN!
If you’re not familiar with her work, Claudine is a mixed-media collage artist whose work has been chosen for fine art poster designs, featured in numerous magazines, used as book illustrations and published as greeting cards, gift products and more. She has appeared on the Martha Stewart Show and has written two books and has three instructional DVD’s.
Just look at this amazing piece that she created — and look at all the clever uses of circles!
A Little Birdie Told Her
Hero Arts supplies:
- Clear Design Bird Branch Alphabet
- Special Edition Dot Trees
- Small Line Dot Border
- Clear Design Large Block
- Clear Design Tall Block
- Clear Design Dots and Lines
- Lime Notecards
Other products used:
- Ranger Adirondack Dye Ink Pads colors: Stream, Lettuce, Watermelon
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad in Jet Black
- Ranger Inkssentials Opaque White Pen
- Acrylic paints
- Gel medium
- Photocopy of family photo
Here’s a little collage piece that I did that’s inspired by Claudine and using some of the techniques I learned from her books + DVDs — they are awesome!
I have it hanging right here by my computer as a reminder. Love that saying! The colors were chosen to go with the room, which is mainly lime and teal.
Hero Arts supplies:
- Special Edition Creative Trees
- Sparkle Clear Little Letter S (for the squirrel)
- Clear Design Anytime Messages
- Citron Gemstones
- Memories ArtPrint Brown
- Medium texture canvas
- Acrylic paints, gel medium (Golden)
- Ribbon (Making Memories)
- Polka dot tissue paper (saved from a package)
- Cream patterned paper (Scenic Route), green patterned paper (A Muse)
- Wooden coffee stirrers (recycled, used to support the back)
- Embroidery floss
- Watercolor pencils (General’s), colored pencils (Prismacolor)
- Pop dots
Thanks so much Claudine!
There’s still time to enter this week’s Circle Challenge – just submit your entry to the Hero Arts Flickr Group by 11:59 PM PST on Sunday. Hope you enter, whether you create a card, scrapbook page, collage piece, or other project! Speaking of challenges, did you see the winner’s of Shari’s Flower Challenge? Congratulations to everyone who entered — you are ALL winners in my book!
Until tomorrow, when I have more FUN up my sleeve for Fun Friday…
Filed under: circle