This wise owl is here to help answer your most frequently asked questions.
Q: Did I hear something about contests?
A: Yes you did! We will have ongoing contests, including:
- Month-long contests based around a creative monthly theme. We will announce winners in TWO groups, so you have twice the opportunities to win. Fourteen $50 shopping sprees to our Online Store will be given away each month! For full contest details, a handy calendar, and prize information, click HERE.
- Monthly $100 Wish List “Shopping Sprees” for HeroClub members, chosen randomly from comments made on the blog during the month.
- Winners drawn at random. Every once in a while we will randomly select people from the comments section to receive a collection of Hero Arts products. The more comments you leave, the greater your chances of winning.
International stampers are more than welcome to join in the fun!
Q: Tell me more about the Monthly Challenges!
Check this post for the latest monthly challenge information.
Your entry can be scanned or photographed, it’s up to you. Feel free to post more than one view of your project, however, each view will be counted as the same entry. Enter as many projects as you wish. Good luck and have fun!
A: It’s easy! If you’re not a Flickr member already, you’ll need to create an account. Once you become a member, just go to the Hero Arts Flickr Group and click on “Join this group” in the upper right corner. After you’ve joined the group you can share your photos by clicking the “Send to Group” icon in the photo view and then selecting Hero Arts, like so:
To tag a photo for a challenge, just look for the “Tags” area in the left column in the photo view as shown:
Click on the “Add a tag” link, and then type in the word specified in the challenge and click on the add button.
A: Yes! Just click the link to add it as a bookmark in your web browser. If you are using a feed reader or other RSS client, here is the URL that you will need to cut-and-paste:
An RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed is not meant for people, it’s meant for computer programs. So if your browser does not support adding RSS bookmarks via the click it will look very strange!
Q: What will I find on the blog?
A: We hope you will find many stamping ideas to inspire you. Here’s what a typical week will look like:
- Motivation Mondays. An idea for the week.
- Take Two Tuesdays. A creative technique built around the weekly idea that was presented Monday.
- Watch It Wednesdays. Step-By-Step pictures or video sparked by the weekly idea.
- You’re Talented Thursdays. We will highlight winning contest entries and work from our talented community members.
- For Fun Fridays. The Hero Artists will offer creative ideas for a weekend full of stamping.
Q: How do I post a comment?
A: From the post that you would like to leave a comment on, scroll down to the end and then click on the “Comments>>” link. Next, scroll down until you see the comment form. Fill in your name, email address and the comment, then click on “Submit Comment”. At this point your comment will be in our queue awaiting moderation. A Hero Artist will approve your message and then it will be published. Rest assured that once you have submitted your comment, we have received it!
Q: How do I add a Hero Arts blinkie to my blog?
A: How you add the blinkie to your blog will depend upon your blog software. (Typepad, Blogger, WordPress, etc.) We have some links to instructions for various blogs on the post HERE. Also check this post from our Flickr discussion area, which contains lots of helpful tips!
Q: Where can I purchase Hero Arts products?
A: The Hero Arts Online Store offers a broad selection of Hero Arts products, and our entire line of products is available through our retail partners around the nation and across the world. Find one that can serve you locally, or one who sells online and by mail order.
Still have a blog question? Just leave a comment below. You can also send us an email.